Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Want to make more money learn the language


 
By definition language means: any one of the systems of verbal communication that are used and understood by a particular group of people.

This does not just pertain to Spanish, French, Japanese, and Arabic etc.... but career languages.

What do I mean by career languages? Just look at it like this, every profession has its on language Donald Trump said it best; the way to master any field is to learn its language. Take my friend, for example, he is a mechanic, and when he starts speaking exhaust pipes, the best fuel injector, rpm's, hemi or no hemi I'm lost. If he ever wants to further his advancement in that industry the best thing he can do is to further his knowledge in that language.

It's that simple. If you know the language, you know the industry.

Now take me, I am a real estate guy, and I am fluent in property lingo. I can talk square footage, why you want an A.R.M (adjustable rate mortgage) or not. I can discuss investment realty and all that contains (I cam go on and on, but I'll spare you… this time!) On my journey to becoming that real estate mogul that I'm destined to be, I have to increase my knowledge, my vocabulary of real estate and all things that pertain to my industry.

One of the best ways to increase your verbiage is to immerse yourself in the field of your choosing.

Align yourself with the people in your industry that are already established at what you do or want to do. If you want to move into a different field, and pick up a few books on the subject. While you are familiarizing yourself with the words, go to networking events and rub shoulders with the folk on the same path as you. Don't forget about Youtube University. Pull up videos pertaining your interest on YouTube because it is an excellent tool. You'll begin to pick up on terminology/language, because youtube is the techno Roseta Stone I speak a little Arabic because of the friends I have are from Kuwait and Saudi Arabia. I picked it up to the point where I can hold a conversation,  so I try to do so  frequently. If you don't use it,  you lose it. Work the language of that dream job,  or new business venture as often as you can. Ever take Spanish or French in high school?  Do you remember a word beyond Hola or Bonjour?  Me neither.

Becoming well versed in the language of your aspirations,  will guarantee your fluency in the most universal language of all…
The language of MONEY.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment